So I officially drank the Timed Exercise kool aid at the beginning of the year, and I love it.
I’m creating this page so I can keep track of my workouts and more easily see my progression. In general, the workouts repeat every 30-31 days. Each day of the month has it’s own workout. This means that on the 1st of every month, you do the same workout. So the 2nd of July, and the 2nd of August are the same workout.
In my mind, I’m basically competing against myself every month. We get 30 minutes to complete as much of the workout as possible in that time frame. I write down how far I reached on each workout (or if I actually completed it, then I write down what time I completed it in!).
The workouts changed starting July 1 so there are two sets of workouts for 2012.
July Through December 2012
- Haven’t actually done Day 5 yet, Rachel sent this to me.
- 7/6 – Completed 6 rounds (meaning I started at 5 reps, and completed 10 reps). First time I did all real push-ups (incl burpees)
- 11/6 – Completed 7 rounds finishing on the first exercise of the 8th round (12 count). (Hello!!! I killed it from last time’s 6 rounds) I did find out I’ve been doing an exercise wrong this whole time!! (I’ve been going a year now!) It’ll only make me stronger but still soooo frustrating.
8/7 – Today was a good, fun session but grrr. I made it through all the sets but the last set with 2 reps per exercise! I was soooooo close.I completed all of it but the 2’s!! Argh! Sooo clooooose! I can’t wait to do this workout next month.
- 7/8 – Almost completed the workout. Finished all of round 5 except for the Pull to Chest.
- 11/8 – Oh yeah baby! I finished this workout in 29:29. I really had to push it in the last few minutes to squeeze it in, but I did it! Felt great since last time I didn’t!!
- 7/9 – After completing the first set, I set my goal to finish the “3’s”. I actually ended up getting to the last set (Round 9), completing the Squats! I am so glad that after 6 months of hard work, I’m able to do Ab Straps! Also did a lot of push ups with some much appreciated help from Gonzolo!
- 7/11 – 300 Calories
I made through the first exercise of round 6 (the 16s).
I felt like all we did today was lunges & becks! Oy!
- 10/11 – 400 Calories
I beat last time! I completed the second exercise of round 7 (the 12s)!
- Pic provided by Stephanie! Haven’t had a chance to conquer Day 12 yet!
- Finished in 28 minutes I think? I forgot to post this one for some reason. 😦
- 7/16 – I made it to 14’s (round 7) which seemed good (until I heard several other people say they got to the 20s!) Oh well! I’m in a “race against myself” anyways. I was annoyed at first because the bar at my station was empty of weights. I hoped Sergi didn’t think I couldn’t do any weight. Esp since it was only for upright rows. He asked if I wanted 5s or 10s, so I said bring 10s. I’ll do them. I did it (struggled through the higher reps), but was happy that I did nonetheless. I will definitely make sure I do 10s from now on. A girl in class even complimented me at the end on using the higher weight!
- 10/16 – Woohoo! I beat the last time I did this workout (on 7/16)! I made it to round 8 (16s) and completed the 2nd exercise. Huge surprise when Stephanie O.stopped by! (and then they made her join the workout!! lol!)
- 9/17 – Whew. I looked at this and was really intimidated since I hadn’t been to t:e in over a week. (ouch!) I amazingly pulled out a finish with 28:03. I was really surprised. I did two mods with the Ab Straps (arms are strong enough to hang, didn’t want to risk an injury) and push ups. 120 is just too many to do regular-style yet, esp with a few weeks off! I’m sure I won’t be able to lift my arms or sit down come tomorrow. Hurts so good!
7/18 – Dive Bombers apparently can tear up your rotator cuff doing those so I do Warrior instead. I made it through the Warriors on round 14. Feel pretty good now. High reps suck!
- I finished on the 8th round through the 1st exercise. I used the wrong push up thingys which made it harder. major bluster on my hand. note to self: buy gloves this weekend.
- 8/20 – I completed the dips on round 8 (The third set of 10s) Instead of Plyo Box Jumps I did step ups. It’s good to be back.
- 8/22 – Whew. I made it to the third exercise on round 6. This exercise was tough. The easiest exercise was the Berpees if that goes to show anything! Higher cardio day made for a larger calorie burn.
- 10/22 – I didn’t beat last time I made it through round size to the second exercise. Whew
- 7/23 – Finished at 27:55! Did 3 planks during remaining time!
- 7/24 submitted by Blakeley who completed her first T:E Workout! Go Blakeley!
- 12/24 Completed 6 rounds after being out for the past month due to surgery. Met the new trainer Scotty, who was really nice. Kept trying to pump me up saying it was great that I was back regardless of being hurt. I could have waited until the new year, but no, I didn’t.. I started back then. Just really motivating. Thrilled to see that I had no pain. (other than the pain from not having done anything for a month!)
- 10/25 – Argh! So mad I didn’t finish! I was so close. NEXT TIME! I made it to round 8, (the second 6’s) and finished the Hang Clean. So many people finished today!
- 8/29 – Today’s workout sucked balls. It definitely got into the ‘fight or flight’ reflex because I thought about leaving. Someone came in early for the next class, and someone in the current class yelled out ‘turn around while you still can… ‘ which was nice to know it wasn’t just me. It wasn’t necessarily tough, just every exercise was complicated. For example, it wasn’t just a pushup, it was a push up with a kettlebell row. It wasn’t just a plank with a kettlebell row, it was a pushup as well. It wasn’t just Ab Straps, it was Ab Strap Bicycles double count. 4 exercises were double count. yadda yadda. I could go on until this little box no longer accepts text. At least I woke up and suffered through it.
- 7/30 – Finished in 25:54. In the beginning, I looked at this workout (since it’s just 1 round) and realized I had 5 minutes to to each set if I planned to finish it. The first one was a b****. I managed to catch up on Dive Bombers since I mod those with a Warrior pose. I also mod’ed Push Ups since there were 85 of them. Rumor has it day 30 and 31 are the worst two days of the month. Can’t wait to start repeating workouts in about a week!
January – June 2012
- 5/1 – I finished 6 rounds. (& I was too chicken to do my birthday burpees.)
- 6/1 – I made it to round 6.
- 5/2 – Made it through 18, Strides. Beat Last months time though!
- 4/2 – Made it to 5.2 w/ mods on the Pull Ups and Push Ups
- 4/6 – Completed the Supine Crossover w/ Plate on 6th round
- 6/6 – Made it to the 6th round finishing on the reverse lunge front raise. This means that I beat my time from two months ago!!! (I only completed the supine crossover, same round last time) Yay!
Day 8 – n/a
- 4/9 – I made it to round 7, through the toe touches.
- 6/10 – Completed the 14s!
- 5/11 – Completed 16, 15, 14, 13, and 12s.
Day 12 – n/a
Day 13 – n/a
- 3/14 – Made it through the 9s
- 5/14 – Completed all the way thru the 9s!
- 5/16 – I made it through 6 rounds. I completed the Reverse Sit Ups on the 7th Round.
Day 17 – n/a
Day 18 – n/a
Day 19 – n/a
- 5/20 – I finished 6 rounds with mods on Plyo Box Jumps, Ab Strap, and Push Ups. Really excited that I felt a lot stronger on the push ups today. Gonzolo would have been proud.
- 6/20 – I was on round 8 and completed the Ab Strap with mods on Plyo Box Jumps, Ab Strap, and Push Ups. Apparently I kicked ass compared to the last time I did this. Last time I just finished round 6. This was almost 2 rounds more! Kinda cra cra!
- 5/21 – Made it to the 11’s and completed the push ups
T:E Day 22
– Pulls to Chest – UH Grip One Leg Up*
– Sit Ups – Slings Weighted
– Lunges – One Leg Stationary*
– Push Ups – Explosion
– Sit Ups – Weighted
6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6
- 6/22 – I finished on the 16s and completed the Sit Ups – Slings Weighted. I’m officially doing real pushups, no longer on the knees!
- 5/23 – I made it all the way through the 6 and halfway thru the 7s. Mods on the Ab Strap and Dive Bombers. My goal was to just make it to the 8’s. When I made that, I adjusted my goal to make it to the 6’s, so I was really pleased that I made it thru the 6’s and into the 7’s. I can feel myself getting stronger which is really exciting. Next week I am forcing myself to graduate to actually doing Ab Straps instead of the mod which is leg lifts. Oh joy!
T:E Day 24
– Pull Ups
– Lunges – Knee to Chest
– Side Ups*
– Plate Swings
– Push Ups
– Toe Touches – Alt. Single Leg*
30, 20, 10, 5, 30, 20, 10, 5
- 6/24 – Made it to the 5th round
- 4/25 – I made it to round 6, Burpees
- 5/25 – I completed 5 rounds.
- 6/25 – Completed 6 rounds which was my goal. Gonzolo made me do Chin Ups on the lower box (which means he got quite a workout too) AND I did actual pushups on the Burpees instead of on my knees!
Day 26 – n/a
- 2/27 – I made it to 24s and completed the Push Ups – Hands straight. I used mods on the Ab Strap (wipers instead), Dips, and wimpy Iso-Latral Hops.
- 5/27 – Whew! The high rep count was tough. I finished on the 24s and completed the Hops. I checked my previous workouts and the only time I did this was in Feb and I finished on the Pushups. Yay! I beat my previous time!!
- 2/28 – I completed 12 rounds completely and completed the pushups on round 13. Not bad!
Day 29 – n/a
T:E Day 30
– Pulls to Chest UH Grip
– Press – Clean
– Ab Straps
– Dive Bombers
14 to 1
- 5/30 – I finished the 10s (14, 13, 12, 11, 10) Finally back to doing the Ab Straps instead of a mod! Now I just need to get faster at doing everything. That will come with time.
Day 31 – n/a
Have you done Timed Exercise or something like it? If you have any questions about Timed Exercise, just let me know. I’m happy to answer any of them!