This month I got to participate in something fun called Foodie Penpals. Lindsay with The Lean Green Bean organizes this every month for basically anyone that’s interested. (More details at the end of this post)
This month I received a package from Valerie at Thats What We Did and could not WAIT to open it!
One of the requirements is to include a note inside which I loved. This really gave the opportunity to learn why each item was selected and included in the care package.
Here’s the loot! I have no idea how she managed to fit so much in that box!
21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joes, Ginger Chews, Chipotle Flakes, Hot & Spicy Peanut Butter, Banana Chocolate Spread..
…Homemade Honey Chipotle Almonds, and Plaintain Chips. She also included the recipe for the Homemade Honey Chipotle Almonds on the back!
I’ve never had Plaintain Chips and was surprised how good they were. We also love spice mixes AND we don’t have a Trader Joes nearby, so those were really appreciated!
I haven’t had the chance to dive into the peanut butters or the almonds, but will soon.
I loved the mix of all the different items. I never would have tried..oh.. about 90% of these things on my own, so this was perfect!
Huge thank you to Valerie for putting everything together!
Have you tried any of these items? What do you think?
And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals.
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send me an email and I’ll see if we get enough interest this month!