Saw this list going around the interwebs a while ago. Thought it’d be fun to compare Adam and my answers. I have so many memories associated with certain foods. Going through this list definitely makes me think of one thing or another.
100 Foods to Try Before You Die
(FYI, I’m listed first, Adam is listed second)
- Abalone – No, No
- Absinthe – No, No
Alligator – Yes, Yes
- The only time I’ve ever had Alligator was at the Beachcomber in St. Augustine! Can’t wait to go back there soon. Maybe this weekend..hmmmm
- Ha this is a funny post about my experience with Baba Ghanoush. I did eventually try it at Karam’s. Love Karam’s. Not a fan of Baba Ghanoush.
- Is this the same thing as a mimosa? If so, our answers are obiv. Yes.
- I wish I had a picture of Adam’s face when I read this one to him.
- Mmmm… Nippers Calamari..drool..
- Unless queso counts? I still haven’t been to Melting Pot, though I’ve always wanted to!
- Every year Purdue University hosts what’s called the Bug Bowl. They sell chocolate covered insects.
- Next brunch, this is getting crossed off!
- Mmmm Engine 15 has the best Frito Pie ever! (Mostly because it’s the only one I’ve ever tried)
- Six Flags Great America staple!
- Just had some last week at Intuition Ale’s Slow Food night!
- My mom makes an amazing Hungarian Goulash! I used to drive her crazy picking out all the meat and pushing it aside. Good stuff (without the meat)
- The best Jerk Chicken I’ve ever had was at my friend, Jill’s condo in California!
- Yes, please!
- The only time I’ve eer had raw oysters was in Yale, Colorado on a weekend ski trip with my brother.
- My dad used to make these for us all the time as kids!
- A camping trip must-have. One time we made s’mores while camping but held it over the fire a bit tooooo long. The marshmallow ended up slowly sliding off the stick. At one point it looked like a nut-sack. We died laughing.
- Yes, I’m 100% German. I’ve had this at some point in my life!
- My dad would serve this on nights when my Mom was out of time, which was rare, or corn beef hash. I preferred SPAM.
- I had these just last week at Monroe’s Smokehouse BBQ actually
Stacey 42 < Adam 60
Adam clearly has been more adventurous food-wise than I have been!
What about you? Have you had any of the items listed that we haven’t? Do you have a crazy memory involving one of these foods?